When ACRISS was formed in 1989 it was with the intention of gaining Car Rental Industry attention to the needs for standards so that travel professionals can make an informed choice when booking car rental in Europe, Africa & Middle East through electronic distribution channels. Influencing all to comply with standards, including non- members, has been integral to ACRISS success…
- Growth in Membership and Associates
- Use of Car Codes by Brokers
- Use of Car Codes by Car Rental System developers
- Joint development of TIDS with Car Industry, IATA and Hotel Industry
- Operating a Code of Conduct with a complaints procedure
- Registering ACRISS as an EEIG (European Economic Interest Grouping)
- Working with the GDS to enhance the way the Car Rental product is displayed
ACRISS works to provide Travel Agents with Car Rental Industry information and reference charts to assist in the Education of GDS users..
- Car Rental Format Cards for use in GDS entries
- Car Classification Codes and explanations
- Examples of vehicles with USA comparisons
- Special Equipment Codes and abbreviations
PLUS useful training aids for incorporation into GDS training classes..
- Car Guides featuring Vehicle Coding, photographs and explanation for use
The ACRISS website has been enhanced to provide a host of information including a Travel Agent section with FAQs and answers.
Communication of developments and information is essential to aiding the travel agents and vital to ACRISS achieving its objectives.
- Newsletters have helped to gain attention to ACRISS activities
- ACRISS own website and email communication facility is constantly being improved
- Bi Monthly meetings of Members and Project Teams speed development of critical projects and information
- Annual Meeting with invitations to Travel Industry related colleagues encourages feedback
- Introduction of a Glossary of Terms and key Abbreviations and Definitions soon to be published
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) both for professional and private users of information