Who We Are
ACRISS - The Association of Car Rental Industry System Standards
ACRISS EEIG was formed in 1989 by Avis, Budget, Europcar and Hertz and reconstituted as an European Economic Interest Grouping (EEIG) in 1992.
To develop, implement and maintain standards for the European Car Rental and Vehicle with Driver Service Industries for use in all distribution systems enabling customers to book with confidence.
- Continue to develop industry standards to provide full transparency with a fair comparison when booking car rental or vehicle with driver services.
- Create tools to automate delivery of industry content.
- Influence the Car Rental, Vehicle with Driver Service industries and distribution channels to drive adoption of the ACRISS standards.
- Adherence and compliance of the ACRISS Code of Conduct.
- Educate and communicate the benefits of the ACRISS standards within the travel industry to shop and book with confidence.
To develop clear common standards for Car Rental services and Transfers (Vehicle with Driver Service Industry) in Europe, Middle East & Africa.
ACRISS delivers on its Objective through:
- Recommending Codes of Conduct to car rental companies relating to the quality and quantity of information that they provide to the users of electronic distribution systems.
- Developing, recommending and implementing classification systems for vehicle, rate, location, and special equipment including ACRISS Car codes.
- Formulating and recommending standards and guidelines for GDS product enhancements and new functionality developments.
- Formulating and recommending standards and guidelines for the Transfers (VDSI) industry.
- Help to increase confidence in the use of electronic distribution systems for booking car rental and Transfers (Vehicle with Driver Service Industry) in Europe