This site is owned and operated by ACRISS
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions of Use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is ACRISS UKEIG, a UK Economic Interest Grouping registered in Wales with company number GE29 whose registered office is c/o Kreston Reeves LLP Third Floor, 24 Chiswell Street, London EC1Y 4YX.
- 'ACRISS', 'we' or 'us' means ACRISS UKEIG - formerly known as the Association of Car Rental Industry System Standards.
- When you visit our Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- If you have register or use the contact feedback form on our website we will collect personal data including: email address, telephone number, name and company name. As part of the registration process we will add you to the ACRISS web site database.
- We will keep this information until you advise us that you no long wish to be registered on our website.
- You have a right to ask for a copy of your information and to correct any inaccuracies. Please email email@example.com if you would like to know what if any personal information we hold about you.
- This information is processed on the basis that it is in your legitimate interest as you have requested registration on the website.
- We will retain your personal data until we are advised that you no longer wish to be registered on our website.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We share your Personal Information with third parties as described in point 2 above. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ . You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
- We will send members and their employees industry news, information on meetings and events by email. These emails can be unsubscribed from at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The data is processed on the basis that the processing is necessary due to the legitimate interests of the ACRISS member and its employees for us to provide industry information, advice, events, projects and training.
- The data will be stored until we are advised that the employee has left the company or the member/the employee advises us that they no long wish to receive information from us. Complaint data will be stored for a maximum of one year from the date of complaint.
USE OF IP ADDRESSES
- Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, and transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
- ACRISS may disclose your Personal Data if it believes such action is necessary: to conform with a legal requirement or comply with the legal process including civil and criminal proceedings, protect and defend the rights or property of ACRISS, enforce this Online Agreement, or to protect the interests of its users.
- You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
ACCESS, EDITING AND DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
- We will comply with requests regarding access and/or correction or deletion of the information we store in accordance with applicable law.
- If you wish to delete your account or personal information on our site you may do so by emailing us at email@example.com
To exercise any of the rights outlined above in respect of your Personal Information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE
- The ICO is the government body responsible for enforcing the Data Protection Act 1998 in the UK. Their website is located at www.ico.gov.uk.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com