ACRISS Members utilise an industry standard vehicle matrix to define car models ensuring a like to like comparison of vehicles. This easy-to-use matrix consists of four categories. Each position in the four character vehicle code represents a definable characteristic of the vehicle. The expanded vehicle matrix makes it possible to have 400 vehicle types. Car codes are created by assigning one character from each column and combining them into a four-character car code:
- 1st character denotes the vehicle category – based on size, cost, power and luxury factor
- 2nd character defines the vehicle type – chassis type (van, SUV, wagon, convertible….)
- 3rd character defines the transmission and drive – automatic / manual & 2WD / 4WD / AWD
- 4th character defines the fuel type (petrol / diesel / hybrid/ Electric…) and whether air conditioned
An independent motor vehicle professional is commissioned by ACRISS to assign the codes for all European manufactures’ models to ensure accuracy and transparency.
e.g. : CCMN = Compact Car – 2/4 Door – Manual Transmission – Non air-conditioned
The compact, 2/4 door results would include models similar to Ford Focus or Opel Astra for example.
This coding system has been adopted to ensure that all ACRISS members display the same coding for the same vehicles, enabling you to make an informed decision when comparing rates. In addition it enables you to select the right vehicle.
Below are our ACRISS Vehicle Selling Guides to help you compare codes and example of models assigned to these codes including our full ACRISS Matrix and other useful codes. We have just introduced 4 new languages (Dutch, Polish, Portuguese and Brazilian portuguese). All content and translations of our guides were made possible with the help and support f our members.
Last updated July 2023
Vehicle Selling Guides to download
- CO2 Emissions Efficiency
- Vehicle Selling Guide
- Abbreviations/ Additional Features
- Optional Extras & Special Equipment Codes
- Booking Tips
- Corporate Booking
- Code of Conduct
- Guidelines for CMA
- Health and Safety pledges
- Car Rental Check-in
- Contactless Rental
- ACRISS Newsletter Issue 9 - Dec 2023
- New updated ACRISS Vehicle Selling Guide and new languages available
- ACRISS Welcomes DiscoverCars.com as its latest Associate member
- ACRISS Newsletter Issue 8 - July 2023
- Introducing our new Traffic Light CO2 Emissions Efficiency guide
- Happy New Year 2023 and New information on Electric Vehicle Coding
- ACRISS Newsletter Issue 7 Dec 2022