Covid-19 Coronavirus Update
ACRISS recognises these are challenging and uncertain times for everyone especially for the travel industry. Whilst ACRISS remains available to support both the car rental and transfers (Vehicle with Driver Service Industry) industries and especially our members, it also continues to work on projects, services and develop standards needed during and after country lockdowns are lifted and travel returns in its new yet unknown form.
We feel it is important to keep supporting each other and keep working on our core business of developing and maintaining standards for when travel resumes. With careful preparations we can ensure we are ready to tackle new challenges and requirements imposed on the travel industry and endeavour to set new guidelines whilst adapting our current standards and guidelines to meet new requirements.
It is especially important and vital to us that everyone stays safe and healthy. New measures will need to be put in place to ensure the safety and health of both customers and staff whilst following all local regulations and law.
We will endeavour to update you on our new measures and guidelines as we develop these with our members to ensure we provide both the consumer, user and the travel industry with the right tools and confidence to start booking again.
Some items to consider:
- New booking requirements during Covid-19 (flexibility)
- Cancellation and modification changes/policies and rights during Covid-19
- Pick up and Return of vehicles during lockdown
- Social distancing and health and safety requirements at rental offices (depended on country)
- Enhanced cleaning and safety of vehicles
- Priority for essential workers and other designated workers
- New legal documents or forms needed during and after lockdown
- Notification of travel restrictions during and after lockdowns
- New insurance requirements
- New chauffeur and customer health and safety requirements for transfers
All our members and associates have put in place their own Covid-19 updates/guidelines, links to some of our members’ individual sites are listed below. Please note these Covid-19 updates, guidelines and advice vary by company.
- Avis : https://www.avis.co.uk/avis-coronavirus-advice
- Budget: https://www.budget.co.uk/help-and-advice/coronavirus-advice
- Hertz (incl. Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly) for UK see below , however, also available on local country sites: https://www.hertz.co.uk/rentacar/misc/index.jsp?targetPage=coronavirus_travel_safety_tips.xml
- Europcar: https://www.europcar.com/customer-information also available on local country sites.
- Enterprise Holdings (incl Alamo, Enterprise and National): https://www.enterpriseholdings.com/en/customer-service/coronavirus-covid-19-update.html or https://www.enterprise.co.uk/en/car-rental/on-call-for-all/covid-19-faqs.html
- Greenmotion: https://greenmotion.com/covid-19
- Maggiore: https://www.maggiore.it/en/news/customer-advice-regarding-the-coronavirus.html
- Rentalcars: https://www.rentalcars.com/en/guides/rental-basics/rentalcars-com-coronavirus-update/
- Amadeus: https://amadeus.com/en/insights/themes/covid-19-updates
- Sabre: https://www.sabre.com/insights/tag/covid-19/
- Travelport: https://www.travelport.com/covid19 and COVID-19 Car Supplier Policies Reference Sheet
- Blacklane: https://blog.blacklane.com/covid-19-faq/
- BVRLA: https://www.bvrla.co.uk/guidance/covid-19-business-advice.html for UK rental and leasing businesses covering UK government requirements, guidelines and advice and https://www.bvrla.co.uk/resource/a-guide-to-operating-during-the-covid-19-pandemic.html new UK measures and guide to operating during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Any questions or queries please email email@example.com