Covid-19 Coronavirus Update
ACRISS recognises these are challenging and uncertain times for everyone especially for the travel industry. Whilst ACRISS remains available to support both the car rental and transfers (Vehicle with Driver Service Industry) industries and especially our members, it also continues to work on projects, services and develop standards needed during and after country lockdowns are lifted and travel returns in its new yet unknown form.
We feel it is important to keep supporting each other and keep working on our core business of developing and maintaining standards for when travel resumes. With careful preparations we can ensure we are ready to tackle new challenges and requirements imposed on the travel industry and endeavour to set new guidelines and standards whilst adapting our current standards and guidelines to meet new requirements.
It is especially important and vital to us that everyone stays safe and healthy especially as the focus has now shifted from services to health and safety. New measures have now been put in place to ensure the safety and health of both customers and staff whilst following all local regulations and law. All our members have introduced guidelines and steps towards ensuring they are following official guidelines and making the health and safety of all a top priority whilst still providing the fullfilling its main service and customer experience.
ACRISS and its members are also considering new changes and standards especially around the booking process and requirements from customer contact details in order to limit customer and staff contact (forms and information sent prior to rental) to reservation guarantees, prepay bookings and reducing no shows.
We will endeavour to update you on the new measures and guidelines as they are developed with and by our members to ensure we provide both the consumer, user and the travel industry with the right tools and confidence to start booking again.
Important items to consider in the new Covid-19 envrionment:
- New booking requirements during Covid-19 (enhanced flexibility)
- Cancellation and modification changes/policies and rights during Covid-19
- Local health requirements, quarantine and testing
- Pick up and Return of vehicles during lockdown - reduced hours, reduced/combined locations and limited staff
- Social distancing and health and safety requirements at rental offices (depended on country) - face masks, hand gel
- Enhanced cleaning and safety of vehicles prior and between rentals and transfers - disinfection, inspection, checklist
- Priority for essential workers and other designated workers
- New legal documents or forms needed during and after lockdown
- Notification of all travel restrictions during and after lockdowns
- Notification of new health and safety steps during rental and transfers (sanitisation, wearing of face masks)
- Any new insurance requirements and driving licence extensions (EU directive)
- New chauffeur and customer health and safety guidelines for transfers - Face masks, hand gel and no contact
All our members and associates have put in place their own Covid-19 updates/guidelines, links to some of our members’ individual sites are listed below. Please note these Covid-19 updates, guidelines and advice vary by company and country however they will cover all mandatory and legal requirements applicable at global and local level.
- Avis : https://www.avis.co.uk/avis-coronavirus-advice
- Budget: https://www.budget.co.uk/help-and-advice/coronavirus-advice
- Hertz (incl. Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly) for UK see below , however, also available on local country sites: https://www.hertz.co.uk/rentacar/misc/index.jsp?targetPage=coronavirus_travel_safety_tips.xml For more information on Hertz new cleaning process click on Hertz Gold Standard Clean
- Europcar: https://www.europcar.com/customer-information also available on local country sites.
- Enterprise Holdings (incl Alamo, Enterprise and National): https://www.enterpriseholdings.com/en/customer-service/coronavirus-covid-19-update.html or https://www.enterprise.co.uk/en/car-rental/on-call-for-all/covid-19-faqs.html
- Greenmotion: https://greenmotion.com/covid-19
- Maggiore: https://www.maggiore.it/en/news/customer-advice-regarding-the-coronavirus.html
- Rentalcars: https://www.rentalcars.com/en/guides/rental-basics/rentalcars-com-coronavirus-update/
- Amadeus: https://amadeus.com/en/insights/themes/covid-19-updates
- Sabre: https://www.sabre.com/insights/tag/covid-19/
- Travelport: https://www.travelport.com/covid19 and COVID-19 Car Supplier Policies Reference Sheet
- Blacklane: https://blog.blacklane.com/covid-19-faq/
- BVRLA: https://www.bvrla.co.uk/guidance/covid-19-business-advice.html for UK rental and leasing businesses covering UK government requirements, guidelines and advice and https://www.bvrla.co.uk/resource/a-guide-to-operating-during-the-covid-19-pandemic.html new UK measures and guide to operating during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Any questions or queries please email email@example.com
Health and safety measures taken at car rental locations including social distancing rules
Full cleaning and sanitisation of vehicles between rentals and transfers
Reduced contact, compulsory face masks for staff and customers and hand gels available to transfer customer