ACRISS - Formerly "The Association of Car Rental Industry System Standards"
ACRISS was formed in 1989 by Avis, Budget, Europcar and Hertz to formulate and recommend standards for use in the design, installation and use of computerised systems operated by travel agents and others for the reservations of car rental services. It was shortly joined thereafter by the main computer reservation systems at the time (Global distribution systems).
Since then it has grown in membership and its objectives, though broadly the same, has extended to all forms of electronic distribution systems. ACRISS' influence has also grown as it continues to support both the car rental and Transfers industries whilst still looking to recommend and set standards to the benefit of the industry, its members and the end user.
To develop, implement and maintain standards for the European Car Rental and Vehicle with Driver Service Industries for use in all distribution systems enabling customers to book with confidence.
- Continue to develop industry standards to provide full transparency with a fair comparison when booking car rental or vehicle with driver services.
- Create tools to automate delivery of industry content.
- Influence the Car Rental, Vehicle with Driver Service industries and distribution channels to drive adoption of the ACRISS standards.
- Adherence and compliance of the ACRISS Code of Conduct.
- Educate and communicate the benefits of the ACRISS standards within the travel industry to shop and book with confidence.
To develop clear common standards for Car Rental services and Transfers (Vehicle with Driver Service Industry) in Europe, Middle East & Africa.
ACRISS delivers on its Objective through:
- Recommending Codes of Conduct to car rental companies relating to the quality and quantity of information that they provide to the users of electronic distribution systems.
- Developing, recommending and implementing classification systems for vehicle, rate, location, and special equipment including ACRISS Car codes.
- Formulating and recommending standards and guidelines for GDS product enhancements and new functionality developments.
- Formulating and recommending standards and guidelines for the Transfers (VDSI) industry.
- Help to increase confidence in the use of electronic distribution systems for booking car rental and Transfers (Vehicle with Driver Service Industry) in Europe
- New ACRISS CO2 Emissions guidelines and Environmental page
- ACRISS Newsletter Issue 6 - July 2022
- ACRISS Welcomes Expedia as its newest Associate
- ACRISS Newsletter Issue 5 and Seasons Greetings
- ACRISS Welcomes MarginFuel as its latest Associate Tech partner
- Update ACRISS Vehicle Selling Guides
- ACRISS Latest Newsletter Issue 4!